Health Insurance for You and Your Family
What kinds of people might need an individual plan?
- Owners of a small, family-run diner or restaurant
- Part-time restaurant workers who don't qualify for full-time benefits
- Full-time workers' families, in case benefits don't extend to them
With UnitedHealthOne you can choose the individual plan you like best.
Traditional insurance, similar to plans offered by many employers: copayments for routine doctor visits, lower deductibles, higher premiums.
Health Savings Account (HSA) plans
A high-deductible health plan with an HSA has the following advantages over traditional health plans:
- Costs less than more "traditional" copayment plans
- Employer HSA contributions may be tax-advantaged
- Employee contributions are tax-deductible
- Distributions for qualified medical expenses are tax-free
- Interest and investment earnings are tax-free
- HSA savings build year after year—no "use it or lose it"
- Portable, goes with employees wherever they go
For recent graduates, people who are between jobs, or people who are waiting for new job benefits to start. Terms are usually between 30 and 180 days, but extendable in some states up to 365 days.
To find the plan you'll like best, call 1-800-273-8115 or contact your broker. The friendly representatives will help you with any questions you have.
UnitedHealthOne is a brand name used for products underwritten and/or administered by the following Insurance Companies: American Medical Security Life, Golden Rule, PacifiCare Life and Health, UnitedHealthcare. In Arizona, the underwriter is Golden Rule. Plans are medically underwritten. Health savings accounts (HSAs) are individual accounts offered by OptumHealth BankSM, Member FDIC, and are subject to eligibility and restrictions, including but not limited to restrictions on distributions for qualified medical expenses set forth in section 213(d) of the Internal Revenue Code. State taxes may apply. This communication is not intended as legal or tax advice. Please contact a competent legal or tax professional for personal advice on eligibility, tax treatment, and restrictions. Federal and state laws and regulations are subject to change. The National Restaurant Association has chosen UnitedHealthcare as its official health insurance partner. Insurance plans, plan features, network availability, and pricing vary by state.