You’ve seen the statistics: about 90.1% of restaurant workers don’t have health insurance through employers, 89.6% don’t get paid sick days, and 66.7% report having worked while si...
An Affordable Way to Help Employees Stay Healthier
You’ve seen the statistics: about 90.1% of restaurant workers don’t have health insurance through employers, 89.6% don’t get paid sick days, and 66.7% report having worked while sick. With rising food and energy costs, restaurant owners’ margins are really sliced thin. But you want to do right by your employees. And you know you’ll benefit, too—by retaining good workers and helping them stay healthy and productive.
Now you can offer an affordable alternative to health insurance.
Health Care Discount Program Addresses Three Basic Needs
For $5 a month per employee, you can have a discount program that reduces the costs for them, their spouses and dependents, in the three healthcare areas they most often request:
- Physicians, services and supplies—they typically will pay 10% to 25% less in a wide range of health care categories
- Prescription drugs—they receive up to 50% off on brand name and generic drugs, with an average savings of 28%
- Health help lines—they have unlimited toll-free telephone access to a nurse or licensed clinician who can help with medical, stress, emotional and relationship issues, at no additional cost
All they do is present their discount card—or mention their number on the phone—to save money every day.
Access to a Wide Network
Through UnitedHealth Allies®, your employees get to choose from more than 500,000 provider locations nationwide. They will receive discounts in many areas:
- Alternative care (such as chiropractic)
- Wellness (including fitness clubs, weight loss programs and vitamins)
- Long-term care services (such as home health care)
- Infertility treatment
- Medical care (from primary care doctors to lab services)
- Behavioral health (including addiction treatment)
Prescription Drug Savings
The ScriptSave® Prescription Drug Savings Program gives employees immediate savings. They receive discounts on brand name and generic drugs at 55,000 participating pharmacies across the country. This covers everyone in the household, and there are no age or income restrictions.
Immediate, On-demand Support
Registered nurses are available to help with health questions 24/7 at NurseLineSM. Your employees get free, confidential information on everything from caring for routine illnesses and minor injuries, to whether or not they should go to an ER. In addition, a Telephonic Employee Assistance Program can help with stress, emotional and relationship issues. Trained clinicians work with employees to identify goals, and how to take the steps they need to get there.
Take Action Now
For a minimal cost, you can generate good will, improve the health and productivity of your workforce, and make care more affordable for those with or without insurance. And this is convenient for you: from a single-source, turnkey solution. In addition, your employees will appreciate that there are no eligibility restrictions, health questions, claims forms to fill out, or maximum number of times they can use their benefits.
For more complete information on this program, call 800-293-0105.