When it comes to offering health insurance for employees, restaurant owners and decision-makers face some unique issues: Many of your workers are part-time, and others may have...
“Affordable Health Insurance” Doesn’t Need to be an Oxymoron
When it comes to offering health insurance for employees, restaurant owners and decision-makers face some unique issues:
- Many of your workers are part-time, and others may have a short tenure
- You don’t have the time or desire to administer plans
- You need affordable health coverage options
- You may never have offered a plan before and may be confused about the best option for your situation
Take comfort in this. According to an analysis of claims at UnitedHealthcare, 72 percent of people spend less than $1,000 a year on medical expenses.
What if you offered a plan that directly addressed the needs of most of your employees, gave everyone the support to make healthier choices, and was reasonably priced for you?
A Plan Designed with You in Mind
UnitedHealthcare’s CatalystSM family of plans is designed for restaurants like yours. Here’s how it can help you.
- Unlike other plans, Catalyst covers health-related costs as part of a “pre-deductible.” When people use this, they don’t trigger an “employee-paid deductible.”
- Employees and their families can use the pre-deductible to take care of routine or emergency health issues — without having to pay the full cost for each service. That means they’re more likely to seek medical help when they need it — which promotes healthy behavior.
- The pre-deductible covers initial medical services — usually up to $1,000 a year — accompanied by copayment or coinsurance (you may choose a plan that adjusts this number higher or lower). • You can determine how the pre-deductible can be used: 1) for routine services (such as doctor visits) and emergency services (such as an ER visit), or 2) for these services plus others (such as surgery, vision, lab and X-rays).
- Catalyst offers discounts to employees — typically between 10 percent and 50 percent — on purchases from gym memberships and weight loss programs to improve their health.
- This plan also supports other healthy behaviors, offering online access to myuhc.com® (including health education, benefits and claims status, Personal Health Records and a Treatment Cost Estimator), a Health Assessment questionnaire, and a 24/7 NurseLineSM toll-free connection to registered nurses.
- After the pre-deductible is spent, Catalyst provides coverage according to the deductible and coinsurance plan guidelines that you select. This means employees and their families also have some protection should catastrophic medical conditions arise.
Find Out if This is Right for You
Catalyst is designed to help restaurant owners offer meaningful health insurance benefits that are affordable for employees — as well as their business. For more complete information on this program, call 800-293-0105.